Japan National Tourism Organization Singapore Office (hereafter referred to as Organizer) invites you to take part in the JAPAN by Japan, "Feel Japan, Breathe Your Japan Campaign" (hereafter referred to as Campaign).
The Organizer reserves the right to cancel or amend the Campaign and the terms and conditions of this Campaign ("Terms and Conditions") at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be posted on the website.
Terms and Conditions
- The Campaign is open only to Participants who are residents of Singapore and at least 21 years old. Employees and immediate families of the Organizer, its affiliates, subsidiaries, suppliers, and advertising and media agencies associated with this Campaign are not eligible to participate.
- Corporations or other entities are not eligible to participate in this Campaign. Only individual Participants are eligible to participate.
- The Campaign is open to all registered members of the JAPAN by Japan website, hence Participants must sign up on the website to join as a JAPAN by Japan member.
- Each individual Participant can only enter the Campaign with his/her registered email address (i.e. each Participant can only have one registered email address for the Campaign). Entries from the same individual Participant using multiple registered email addresses are not allowed. If the Participant is deemed as fraudulent, the Organizer reserves the right to remove the Participant from the Campaign.
- The Campaign is from May 22 until July 9, 2020 (hereafter referred to as Campaign Period).
- By participating in the Campaign, Participants are deemed to have read, understood and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of the Campaign.
- During the Campaign Period, Participants must post their self-taken original photos of scenery taken in Japan on their Instagram account with the campaign hashtags (see immediately below).
- Each Participant can participate in the Campaign by submitting multiple photos via their Instagram account through the following steps:
- 1. To be eligible for the Campaign, the Participant is required to register as a member of the JAPAN by Japan website - (https://japanbyjapan.com/).
- 2. Once registered, launch Instagram and the participant can upload as many scenery-themed photos taken in Japan as he/she likes.
- 3. Post the photos with the hashtag - #jbyjscenery
- 4. Also include the hashtag of the location (e.g. #lakekawaguchi)
- Submitted photos are deemed void if the Organizer determines that an entry is not original, or if an entry is illegible, incomplete, altered, counterfeit, produced in error or obtained through fraud or theft or duplicated as entered within this Campaign Period. Only photos entered during the Campaign Period are eligible to take part in and be considered for the Campaign.
- Participants are required to set their Instagram profile to ‘public' to enable the Organizer to view their submissions.
- Participants are allowed to submit multiple entries with the condition that each entry is an original and not a duplicate of a previously posted photo.
- Please note that it may take time for the posted and hashtagged photos (i.e. the submitted photos) to be reflected on the Campaign website.
- All photos submitted must be the original work of the Participant and must not have been published elsewhere and/or have won a prize in any other photography competition. The Participant warrants that the photo(s) submitted for this Campaign is(are) his/her own work and that he/she owns the copyright for it(them).
- It is the responsibility of each Participant to ensure that any photo submitted has been taken with the permission of any parties involved with the subject.
- Copyright of all photos submitted in this Campaign remains with the respective Participant. However, in consideration of the photos being provided for the Campaign, each Participant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual license to the Organizer to feature any or all of the submitted photos in any of their publications, including the Organizer's websites, and/or in any promotional material connected to this Campaign.
- By joining and participating in the Campaign, the Participant agrees to all reasonable media publicity relating to the event, including being featured on social media as determined by the sole discretion of the Organizer.
- The Organizer does not accept any liability for the publication of any unlawfully reproduced images.
- All results and decisions made by the Organizer in relation to the Campaign are final. The Organizer will not enter into any correspondence regarding the results.
- The Organizer reserves the right to pursue legal action against any individual and any Participant believed to have undertaken fraudulent activities or other activities harmful to this Campaign and/or the Organizer, the entry process or the relevant website.
- Participants acknowledge and accept that there is no intention to create any legal relations between the Organizer and Participants of this Campaign, which is a promotional event. Participants who enter this Campaign hereby waive any legal rights, if any, to enforce against the Organizer, its agents or employees in relation thereto.
- If for any reason this Campaign is not capable of running as planned due to computer viruses, bugs, worms (malware), trojan horses, denial of service attacks, hacking, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Organizer that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Campaign, the Organizer reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual and any Participant who tamper with the entry process, and/or cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Campaign.
Selection and Judging Criteria
- The Judge for this competition is a popular influencer commissioned for the project.
- 4 (FOUR) Winners, comprising the eventual Grand Prize Winner and the 3 (THREE) Runner-up Prize Winners, will be selected by the Judge and the Organizer.
- 1 (ONE) Grand Prize Winner will be determined among the 4 (FOUR) Winners by the greatest number of votes on the Campaign website at the end of the Campaign Period.
- 6 (SIX) Okayama and Shikoku Prize Winners will be determined by the prize Sponsors and the Organizer.
- 5 (FIVE) Lucky Draw Winners will be randomly selected from among the entire pool of entries by the Organizer.
- The selection and judging process and panel is solely at the discretion of the Organizer.
- The submitted and participating posts on Instagram with the #jbyjscenery hashtag will be assessed during the selection of the 4 (FOUR) Winners (the Grand Prize Winner, the 3 Runner-up Prize Winners), and the 6 (SIX) Okayama and Shikoku Prize Winners with the following criteria: 1. Technicality (how well the photo captures the nature beauty of Japan); and, 2. Creativity (overall creativity of the photo).
- Winners will be notified via Instagram Direct Message from the Campaign Office.
- 1 (ONE) Grand Prize Winner will receive a pair of return air tickets to Japan and a pair of ALL SHIKOKU Rail Pass (7 days). The air carrier will be determined by the Organizer. Travel period is until March 31, 2021.
- 3 (THREE) Runner-up Prize Winners will receive a $100 Takashimaya voucher each.
- 6 (SIX) Okayama and Shikoku Prize Winners will receive one set each from the pool of prizes: 2 (TWO) sets of local specialties each in a Denim Bag from Okayama Prefecture, 1 (ONE) set of assorted local specialties from Kagawa Prefecture, 1 (ONE) set of assorted local specialties from Tokushima Prefecture, 1 (ONE) set of assorted local specialties from Kochi Prefecture, and 1 (ONE) set of assorted local specialties from Ehime Prefecture.
- 5 (FIVE) Lucky Draw Winners will receive a $30 Takashimaya voucher each.
- Winners must be present at the Awards Ceremony (to be held in August; date to be confirmed by Organizer and may be subject to change or cancellation) in order to claim their prizes. In the event that the Winners are ineligible, uncontactable, unable to attend the Awards Ceremony, or refuse to accept the prize(s), the Organizer, in sole discretion, may choose to award the prizes to other eligible participants.
- In the event the Awards Ceremony is cancelled, Winners will be informed via email on prize collection details.
- Winners must present verifiable identification to redeem his/her Prize. The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify the winners who fail to comply.
- All Prizes are non-transferable, non-exchangeable and non-refundable by cash.
Use of Personal Information
- The Organizer is not liable for any claims, losses, damages, injuries, and expenses suffered, sustained or incurred (including, but not limited to, indirect, consequential loss including death), including costs incurred due to unforeseen circumstances as a result of, or arising out of, or in any way connected with this Campaign.
- The Organizer is not liable for network connection expenses caused by system errors or failures in the campaign website. Participants will shoulder any fees incurred during gameplay (i.e., internet connection).
If you have any enquiry regarding the campaign, please contact our Campaign Office via the email address below. The Campaign Office will get back to you as soon as possible.