Introduction to Membership Points System
JAPAN by Japan (JbyJ) will be relaunched with an addition of a membership points system. The points system will allow JbyJ members to participate in our brand new online lottery which will begin in October 2020, where participants can stand a chance to win digital coupons worth up to S$100.
There will be 3 membership tiers which will be awarded according to the number of points accumulated each year, and JbyJ members will have to be of a minimum of Silver tier, in order to participate in the online lottery and stand a chance to win amazing prizes. Prizes and relevant terms and conditions may vary with each lottery. The membership tiers are as follows:
● Bronze:0〜 1,999 points Bronze members are not eligible to participate in the lottery
● Silver: 2,000 〜 2,999 points Ten Silver members will be eligible to win a digital coupon worth S$50 each
● Gold: 3,000 〜 3,999 points Five Gold members will be eligible to win a digital coupon worth S$100 each
Participation in the lottery will require 500 accumulated points for one chance. Multiple entries are allowed. All accumulated points will expire by December 2021.
The date of the online lottery, which will be run between October 2020 and December 2021, has not been fixed and will be announced by JbyJ. A new round of lottery will be announced on the JbyJ website in 2022 and subsequently each year.
How to earn membership points
Members will earn points based on their activities on the JAPAN by Japan website, and points will expire in December 2021. Subsequently, points earned in each year will expire at the end of each year. Points are awarded as follows:
|10||• Opening of electronic direct mailer (EDM)
• Click on EDM links (10 points per link)
*You have to log in to your JbyJ account beforehand in order to start collecting points for the above activities
|50||• Answering survey
• Filling in all required fields and ‘Preferences’ in member profile
• Voting for JbyJ campaign
|100||• Register as a new member (existing members awarded automatically)|
|500||• Participate in JNTO-organised event* or visit JNTO booth at Travel Fairs (check in at event by showing member QR code to staff)|
|1,000||• Check-in to JBYJ site or app from Japan. Members who allow geo-tracking will be checked-in automatically so that points will be awarded. Points are awarded once per month only.
• Birthday special for members! Just log in and update your own "My Japan Map" with the places you have visited in Japan and the ones you'd like to visit in the future, before heading over to H.I.S centre to get your gift. Plus, you also get 1000 member points when you present your JbyJ member QR code during your collection at the centre!
All points are only awarded once per activity (ie. 10 points for opening an EDM, or 50 points for voting in JbyJ campaign) as multiple clicks for each acitivity are not counted)
*Events include: online events, meet-up events, etc.
While the points in the Bronze, Silver, Gold membership tiers expire within one year, the membership status is based on total lifetime accumulated points. The points will be reflected in the “My Profile” section upon login.
Based on the total accumulated lifetime points, the membership statuses are as follows
|Japan Newbie||0～2,999 points|
|Japan Lover||3,000～4,999 points|
|Japan Fanatic||5,000～7,999 points|
|Japan Expert||8,000～9,999 points|
|Japan Master||more than 10,000 points|
Members can terminate their memberships, but all accumulated points will be lost.