Announcement of Selected Participants
We would like to extend a big thank you to every one of you who submitted your application for the Hokkaido route and Hiroshima & San’in route of the “Gift an Unforgettable Birthday in Japan” campaign.
Finally, the participants for both routes have been selected after rounds of reviews of all received applications. Not only was the response overwhelming, there were many close fights among the numerous applicants. For those who were unfortunately not selected for these routes, please keep a lookout for the application for the Kyushu route which will be open soon.
Stay tuned and look forward to seeing how the selected participants celebrate the birthday of their loved one in Japan – and of course, to experiencing Japan from their perspectives!
JAPAN by Japan is searching for participants who are interested in collaborating with us to make promotional videos for Japan! More importantly, taking this opportunity, you can design a once-in-a-lifetime birthday celebration for your loved one(s) in Japan. If you are interested, please check out the details below and register!
Application closes 18 June 2023
Tasks of Campaign Participant
1. Create Itinerary
Together with the JbyJ staff, create an itinerary that includes the places you and your travel companion(s) would like to visit and the things you want to do (related to the theme)!
2. Travel to Japan
Our JbyJ staff and photographer/videographer will accompany you on the trip. Have fun on the trip with your companion(s) and share your thoughts of the trip along the way!
Route, Schedule, Desired Participant Demographics
The destinations are the following two routes. We are looking for a total of two groups of participants, one for each route.
Kyushu Coming soon
Family Exploration to Hokkaido
3 (Sun) to 8 September (Fri) 2023
Family with children (2 Adults, up to 2 Children*)
*Must be 11 years of age or older by the end of 2023.
Expected areas to visit:
Kushiro, Furano, Sapporo, Chitose
- - Outdoor adventures for the the family! Choose from a wide variety of acitivities such as hiking, mountain biking, and canoeing.
- - Taste the rich flavours of Hokkaido. Dine on vegetables that you harvest freshly from the fields.
- - Understand more about nature while adventuring through Japan's raw elements. Enjoy learning about the great nature unique to Hokkaido that cannot be experienced in Singapore or anywhere else in the world.
Travel expenses for Hokkaido route are supported by Hokkaido Airports Co., Ltd. and its associates.
Hiroshima and San’in (Tottori & Shimane)
Dreamlike trip for 2 across Hiroshima and San’in
November 2023 (Expect a 5-night stay in Hiroshima and San’in)
Couple (2 pax)
Expected areas to visit:
Izumo, Iwami Ginzan, Onomichi, Fukuyama, Hiroshima
- - In Izumo, a destination known as a sacred place for marriage in Japan, design and make your own dream rings that only you will have in the world.
- - Experience the traditional performing art “Iwami Kagura” that has been passed down since ancient times. Dive into the world of myth with a powerful stage performance featuring gorgeous costumes and a fire-breathing serpent.
- - Visit a world-famous denim production spot, where you can create a luxurious pair of jeans that costs 1 million yen per pair but comes with lifetime warranty!
- - Explore the beautiful Seto Inland Sea by bicycle or car.
- - Island hop with a sightseeing boat! One of the stops is Okunoshima, an island famous for its local rabbit residents.
Travel expenses for Hiroshima and San’in route are supported by Hiroshima Tourism Association & San’in Tourism Organization.
- - Singapore residents only (at least one Singapore citizen in the travelling group)
- - Have to be a member of JAPAN by Japan (new registrations welcome)
- - Participants (including companion(s)) agree to have their videos taken throughout the trip
- - Participants (including companion(s)) agree for the photographs, videos taken during the trip to be used for PR purposes in various media, including SNS and advertisements
- - Please check the bottom of the page for the full terms and conditions
- Expenses in the form of air tickets, accommodation, transportation, and meals included in the itinerary will be covered by us. You may extend your travel in Japan after the filiming period at your own expense. Travel insurance is not included, but it is strongly encouraged for participants to purchase your own one from your preferred insurance company.
Create an introductory video*
- Show us why JbyJ should sponsor a trip for you and your loved one(s) to Japan to celebrate the special occasion! Please create a video in English introducing yourself that includes the following content.
- - Who would you be celebrating on this trip?
- - Why would you like to gift them a trip to Japan for their birthday?
- - What would you like to do/What destinations interest you in the region you have applied for?
Fill up the online application form
Log in or register as a JAPAN by Japan member*. There is a separate application form for each route. Please fill up the application form for your desired route with the necessary information and upload your introductory video. You may apply for more than one route.
*Only JbyJ members residing in Singapore can apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted via the email address below (please remember to check your junk inbox just in case). A face-to-face or online interview (depending on the individual’s schedule) will be conducted for the final selection of successful candidates. [email protected]
* Guidelines for introductory video
- - Video must be taken in an area with sufficient lighting where your face and voice can be seen and heard clearly
- - Length of the video must not exceed 3 minutes
- - Only the representative applicant is required to be in the video (Other travellers are not required to be in the video, but are welcome to join)
for Hokkaido Route
for Hiroshima and
for Kyushu RouteComing soon
Terms and Conditions
Japan National Tourism Organization Singapore Office (hereafter referred to as the “Organizer”) is inviting applicants (hereafter referred to as “you” or “Applicants”, this includes your travel companion(s)) who are interested in collaborating with the Organizer to create a promotional video for Japan with the theme “Gift an unforgettable birthday in Japan!” (hereafter referred to as “Campaign”), together with various partnering entities in Japan (hereafter referred to as “Partners”).
The Organizer reserves the right to cancel or amend the Campaign and the terms and conditions of this Campaign (“Terms and Conditions”) at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be posted on the website.
Terms and Conditions
Only Applicants who meet the following eligibility criteria can apply for the Campaign (“Eligibility Criteria”):
- Representative Applicant must be a member of JAPAN by Japan residing in Singapore.
- Representative Applicant must be at least 21 years old.
- All Applicants including your travel companion(s) must be Singapore residents.
- There must be at least one Singapore citizen among the travelling group.
- Employees and immediate families of the Organizer, its affiliates, subsidiaries, suppliers, and advertising and media agencies associated with this Campaign are not eligible to participate.
- Corporations or other entities are not eligible to participate in this Campaign. Only individual Applicants are eligible to participate.
- The Organizer may from time to time amend or add to the Eligibility Criteria.
If the Applicant is deemed to have undertaken any fraudulent activities and/or any other activities harmful to this Campaign, the Organizer, the entry process and/or the relevant website, the Organizer reserves the right to disqualify and remove the Applicant from the Campaign without any prior notice.
- Only Applicants who meet the following eligibility criteria can apply for the Campaign (“Eligibility Criteria”):
2 June 2023 to 18 June 2023 (hereafter referred to as “Application Period”).
Application Period is strictly enforced. Only applications submitted within the Application Period stated above will be considered.
Application Contents and Details
- Each route has a separate application form with differing content.
- Applicants can apply for multiple routes, but the group must fall under the desired demographics stated.
- Only one group will be selected for each route.
Stated below are the travel schedules (hereafter referred to as “Travel Period”) and desired demographics, subject to changes by the Organizer without prior notice.
Travel Schedule: 3 September (Sun) to 8 September (Fri) 2023
Desired Demographic: Family with children (2 Adults, up to 2 Children)
Age requirement of child in the Applicants: Must be 11 years of age or older by the end of 2023.
Maximum Participants: 4 participants
Theme of the Trip: Celebrate your loved one’s birthday in Japan.
Travel Schedule: November 2023 (Expect a 5-night stay in Hiroshima and San’in)
Desired Demographic: Couple (2 Adults)
Maximum Participants: 2 participants
Theme of the Trip: Celebrate your loved one’s birthday in Japan.
- Hokkaido Route
Travel Expenses and Extension of Stay
- Travel expenses required for the Campaign and included in the final approved itinerary are covered by Partners of the Campaign, including but not limited to air tickets, accommodation, transportation, food and beverages, and any other expenses at the Partners’ discretion.
- Telecommunication fees are not covered by the Organizer nor Partners of the Campaign. Applicants must arrange for their own international roaming services, SIM Cards, or Mobile Wi-Fi by themselves if they need them.
- Travel insurance is not provided by the Organizer nor Partners of the Campaign. Applicants are encouraged to buy the insurance on their own.
- Expenses incurred by Applicants during free time will not be covered, including but not limited to souvenirs, transportation, food and beverages.
- Applicants may choose to extend their stay in Japan after the Travel Period. However, any additional expense incurred due to the extension (such as an increase in air ticket fare, accommodation etc.) will have to be covered by the Applicants themselves.
- If the final approved itinerary must be altered due to Applicant’s inability to participate in the Campaign during the final approved itinerary Travel Period, the Applicant may be asked to bear the expenses related to the alteration.
Partners are indicated below
Hokkaido Airports Co., Ltd
Hiroshima Tourism Association
San'in Tourism Organization
Final selected Applicants must complete the following tasks as part of the Campaign.
To create an Itinerary with the Organizer and Partners. Based on the base model route created by the Organizer and Partners, Applicants shall assist in creating the itinerary in line with the Applicant’s interests. The itinerary shall be created within the budget stipulated by the Partners. Services used during the Travel Period, including but not limited to flights, transportation, and accommodation, are subjected to final approval by the Organizer.
Travel to Japan
Applicants will be travelling to Japan with a few staff members assigned from the Organizer and Partners, including a photographer/videographer. Applicants are to travel in accordance with the final approved itinerary and have their photos and videos taken throughout the Travel Period.
※After the Applicant’s trip and return to Singapore, we may request for you to provide information and necessary data for content creation for the Campaign, such as your impressions of your visit to Japan.
※Applicants must agree to have their videos/photographs taken within the Travel Period.
- Create Itinerary
By participating in the Campaign, Participants are deemed to have fully read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of the Campaign.
Participants can apply for the Campaign through the following steps:
- Login or register as a JAPAN by Japan member
Create an introductory video according to the desired route that you will apply for. Your video must include the following content.
- Who would you be celebrating on this trip?
- Why would you like to gift your loved one(s) a trip to Japan for their birthday?
- What would you like to do/What destinations interest you in the route you are applying for?
【Guidelines for introductory video】
- Video must be taken in an area with sufficient lighting where your face and voice can be seen and heard clearly
- Length of the video must not exceed 3 minutes
- Only the representative Applicant is required to be in the introductory video (Other travellers are not required to be in the video, but are welcome to join)
Complete the application form for your desired route with the necessary information and upload your video. There is a separate application form for each route. You may apply for more than one route.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted via the email address below. A face-to-face or online interview will be conducted for the final selection of successful candidates. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Selection, Judging Criteria and Final Selection Results
Selection will be carried out by the Organizer and Partners based on, but not limited to, Applicant’s task execution feasibility, affinity with this Campaign, and the originality and specificity of Applicant’s ideas to the itinerary. The details of selection and reason for final selection will not be disclosed.
Use of Personal Information
Use of Submitted Materials and Content throughout the Campaign
By applying and participating in the Campaign, Participants are deemed to have fully read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions below for use of submitted materials and content created throughout the Campaign.
- Introductory video data and photograph data submitted in the application form will be shared among the Organizer and Partners solely as reference and report material for this Campaign and will not be published on public domains or media such as websites and SNS.
- The Organizer and Partners own the rights to all media, including but not limited to videos and photographs taken of the Applicants before, during, and after the Travel Period for the Campaign. This includes content created from Applicant’s impressions and reports.
- The Organizer and Partners reserve the rights to use the media mentioned above in (ii) in their owned SNS, Advertisements, and any other media outlets that the Organizer and Partners may possess in the future.
The Organizer excludes, to the maximum extent permissible by law, all conditions and warranties implied by custom, the general law or statute. The Organizer further excludes, to the maximum extent permissible by law, all liability to the Participant or any third party for any losses or damage, whether direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or otherwise, or any costs, fees or expenses, arising out of or in connection with their participation in this Campaign, including without limitation loss of profits, and damages arising from personal injuries (including death), even if the Organizer has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage.
The Organizer is not liable for network connection expenses caused by system errors or failures in the Campaign website. Participants will shoulder any fees incurred during or for the sake of participation (i.e., internet connection).
If you have any enquiry regarding the Campaign, please contact our Campaign Office via the email address below. The Campaign Office will get back to you as soon as possible.
Email: [email protected]
Get advisory information regarding COVID-19 situation in JapanGo to Advisory Information website