Please feel free to look through the contest entries below.
Soaking in Japan's essence can enrich the body, mind and soul, and help reveal your inner and outer beauty; looking at Japan's kawaii culture and items brightens your days too. Share with us photos of these kawaii-ness during your recent Japan trip(s) - and tag a friend or family member to whom you would like to recommend your kawaii moments to - for a chance to win amazing prizes, including a pair of air tickets and rail passes to bring along your tagged love one for your very own revitalising girl's trip.
Be it your favourite café or a lovely spot you have discovered during your previous Japan trip, share with us and recommend to your loved one who you would like to bring along with. To participate in this photo contest, just go through the below easy steps:
- Sign in as an existing member or sign up as a new member to our "JAPAN by Japan" community website to qualify and participate.
- Upload your favourite photo(s) of the time(s) you discovered the beauty of "Kawaii" while in Japan onto your own Instagram page (remember to keep your account on "public" status for us to look at your lovely photos)
- In the comment section, tag your special friend(s) you want to visit Japan with
- Add these hashtags: (a) #jbyjkawaii and (b) the location where the photo(s) was(were) taken. For example, if you took a photo wearing a yukata in Kyoto with friends, the hashtags would be #jbyjkawaii and #Kyoto.
For the specific terms and conditions of this campaignphoto contest, please refer to this "link".
Grand prize: A pair of return air tickets to Japan + JR East Pass (Tohoku area)
1 (One) Grand Prize winner will be awarded a pair of return air tickets to Japan and a pair of JR East Pass (Tohoku area). The air tickets, which will be valid for bookings until March 31, 2021, can be used for travel beyond end March 2021. The JR East Pass (Tohoku area) is valid for exchange until March 31, 2021 and must be used within 3 (three) months upon redemption.
4 (FOUR) participants will be selected to have their photos shown on the campaign page. The Grand Prize winner will emerge from these 4 participants and is determined by the number of votes from visitors to the "JAPAN by Japan" website.
$100 Takashimaya vouchers
The other 3 (THREE) selected participants who missed the Grand Prize will each be presented with $100 Takashimaya vouchers each for outstanding performance.
The above 4 chosen participants will also be invited to an awards ceremony held during a Meet-Up event*, whereby the winner of the Grand Prize will be announced.
(*Meet-Up subject to change or cancellation).
A pair of JR East Pass (Tohoku area) each Another 4 (FOUR) winners will be presented with a pair of JR East Pass (Tohoku area) each. The winners will be selected from the entire pool of participants. These 4 sets of JR East Pass (Tohoku area) will also be valid for redemption until March 31, 2021 and travel must be completed within 3 (three) months upon redemption.
$20 JAPAN RAIL CAFE voucher 10 (TEN) lucky participants will also be randomly picked via lucky draw to win a $20 JAPAN RAIL CAFE voucher each. The vouchers will be valid 6 months from September 2020. The more photos you upload, the higher your chances of winning!
*The update may take up to several hours. We seek your kind understanding.
Japan National Tourism Organization Singapore Office (hereafter referred to as Organizer) invites you to take part in the JAPAN by Japan, "Soak in Japan's Essence, Reveal Your Beauty Photo Contest" (hereafter referred to as Photo Contest).
The Organizer reserves the right to cancel or amend the Photo Contest and the terms and conditions of this Photo Contest ("Terms and Conditions") at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be posted on the website.
Terms and Conditions
- The Photo Contest is open only to Participants who are residents of Singapore and at least 21 years old. Employees and immediate families of the Organizer, its affiliates, subsidiaries, suppliers, and advertising and media agencies associated with the "Soak in Japan's Essence, Reveal Your Beauty" ("Campaign") and its Photo Contest are not eligible to participate.
- Corporations or other entities are not eligible to participate in this Photo Contest. Only individual Participants are eligible to participate.
- The Photo Contest is open to all registered members of the JAPAN by Japan website, hence Participants must sign up on the website to join as a JAPAN by Japan member.
- Each individual Participant can only enter the Photo Contest with his/her registered email address (i.e. each Participant can only have one registered email address for the Photo Contest). Entries from the same individual Participant using multiple registered email addresses are not allowed. If the Participant is deemed as fraudulent, the Organizer reserves the right to remove the Participant from the Photo Contest.
Photo Contest Rules
- The Photo Contest is from July 14 until August 23, 2020 (hereafter referred to as Entry Period).
- By participating in the Photo Contest, Participants are deemed to have read, understood and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of the Photo Contest.
- During the Entry Period, Participants must post their self-taken original photos taken in Japan on their Instagram account with the campaign hashtags (see immediately below).
- Each Participant can participate in the Photo Contest by submitting multiple photos via their Instagram account through the following steps:
- 1. To be eligible for the Photo Contest, the Participant is required to register as a member of the JAPAN by Japan website - (https://japanbyjapan.com/).
- 2. Once registered, launch Instagram and the participant can upload as many photos of kawaii culture, items and/or places taken in Japan as he/she likes.
- 3. Post the photos with the hashtag - #jbyjkawaii
- 4. Also include the hashtag of the location (e.g. #Kyoto)
- Submitted photos are deemed void if the Organizer determines that an entry is not original, or if an entry is illegible, incomplete, altered, counterfeit, produced in error or obtained through fraud or theft or duplicated as entered within this Entry Period. Only photos entered during the Entry Period are eligible to take part in and be considered for the Photo Contest.
- Participants are required to set their Instagram profile to ‘public' to enable the Organizer to view their submissions.
- Participants are allowed to submit multiple entries with the condition that each entry is an original and not a duplicate of a previously posted photo.
- Please note that it may take time for the posted and hashtagged photos (i.e. the submitted photos) to be reflected on the Photo Contest website.
- All photos submitted must be the original work of the Participant and must not have been published elsewhere including for commercial purposes and/or have won a prize in any other photography competition. The Participant warrants that the photo(s) submitted for this Photo Contest is(are) his/her own work and that he/she owns the copyright for it(them).
- It is the responsibility of each Participant to ensure that any photo submitted has been taken with the permission of any parties involved with the subject.
- Copyright of all photos submitted in this Campaign and Photo Contest remains with the respective Participant. However, in consideration of the photos being provided for the Campaign and Photo Contest, each Participant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual license to the Organizer to feature any or all of the submitted photos in any of their publications, including the Organizer's websites, and/or in any promotional material connected to this Campaign and Photo Contest.
- By joining and participating in the Photo Contest, the Participant agrees to all reasonable media publicity relating to the event, including being featured on social media as determined by the sole discretion of the Organizer.
- The Organizer does not accept any liability for the publication of any unlawfully reproduced images.
- All results and decisions made by the Organizer in relation to the Campaign and Photo Contest are final. The Organizer will not enter into any correspondence regarding the results.
- The Organizer reserves the right to pursue legal action against any individual and any Participant believed to have undertaken fraudulent activities or other activities harmful to this Campaign and Photo Contest and/or the Organizer, the entry process or the relevant website.
- Participants acknowledge and accept that there is no intention to create any legal relations between the Organizer and Participants of this Campaign and Photo Contest, which is a promotional event. Participants who enter the Photo Contest hereby waive any legal rights, if any, to enforce against the Organizer, its agents or employees in relation thereto.
- If for any reason this Campaign and Photo Contest are not capable of running as planned due to computer viruses, bugs, worms (malware), trojan horses, denial of service attacks, hacking, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Organizer that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Campaign and Photo Contest, the Organizer reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual and any Participant who tamper with the entry process, and/or cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Campaign and the Photo Contest.
Selection and Judging Criteria
- 4 (FOUR) Winners, comprising the eventual Grand Prize Winner and the 3 (THREE) Runner-up Prize Winners, will be selected by the Organizer.
- 1 (ONE) Grand Prize Winner will be determined among the 4 (FOUR) Winners by the greatest number of votes on the Campaign website at the end of the Entry Period.
- 4 (FOUR) Special Jury Prize Winners will be determined by the sponsor of the JR East Pass ("Sponsor") and the Organizer.
- 10 (TEN) Lucky Draw Winners will be randomly selected from among the entire pool of entries by the Organizer.
- The selection and judging process and panel is solely at the discretion of the Organizer.
- The submitted and participating posts on Instagram with the #jbyjkawaii hashtag will be assessed during the selection of the 4 (FOUR) Winners (i.e. the Grand Prize Winner and 3 Runner-up Prize Winners) and the 4 (FOUR) Special Jury Prize Winners with the following criteria: 1. Technicality (how well the photo captures the kawaii-ness of the subject (taken in Japan), be it whether it is food, nature, culture, products, or other elements, and its relevance to the theme of Girl's Trip); and, 2. Creativity (overall creativity of the photo).
- Winners will be notified via Instagram Direct Message from the Campaign Office.
- 1 (ONE) Grand Prize Winner will receive a pair of return air tickets to Japan and a pair of JR East Pass (Tohoku area). The air carrier will be determined by the Organizer. Booking period for flights and redemption period for the JR East Pass is until March 31, 2021; The air tickets are valid for travel beyond end March, 2021, while the JR East Pass (Tohoku area) must be used within 3 (THREE) months upon redemption.
- 3 (THREE) Runner-up Prize Winners will receive a $100 Takashimaya voucher each.
- 4 (FOUR) Special Jury Prize Winners will receive a pair of JR East Pass (Tohoku area) each. Redemption period for the JR East Pass is until March 31, 2021; travel must be completed within 3 (THREE) months upon redemption.
- 10 (TEN) Lucky Draw Winners will receive a $20 Japan Rail Café voucher each.
- Winners of the JR East Pass (Tohoku area) will individually receive a redemption letter via email; passes can be redeemed either in-person at the JTB counter at Japan Rail Café (5 Wallich St, #01-20, Singapore 078883) or directly at a JR East office in Japan.
- The Grand Prize Winner and Runner-up Prize Winners must be present at the Awards Ceremony (date to be confirmed by the Organizer and may be subject to change or cancellation) in order to claim their prizes. In the event that the Winners are ineligible, uncontactable, unable to attend the Awards Ceremony, or refuse to accept the prize(s), the Organizer, in its sole discretion, may choose to award the prizes to other eligible participants.
- In the event the Awards Ceremony is cancelled, the Grand Prize Winner and Runner-up Prize Winners will be informed via email on prize collection details.
- All Winners must present verifiable identification to redeem his/her Prize. The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify the winners who fail to comply.
- All Prizes are non-transferable, non-exchangeable and non-refundable by cash.
Use of Personal Information
- The Organizer is not liable for any claims, losses, damages, injuries, and expenses suffered, sustained or incurred (including, but not limited to, indirect, consequential loss including death), including costs incurred due to unforeseen circumstances as a result of, or arising out of, or in any way connected with this Campaign and the Photo Contest.
- The Organizer is not liable for network connection expenses caused by system errors or failures in the campaign website. Participants will shoulder any fees incurred during gameplay (i.e., internet connection).
If you have any enquiry regarding the Campaign and Photo Contest, please contact our Campaign Office via the email address below. The Campaign Office will get back to you as soon as possible.
Get advisory information regarding COVID-19 situation in JapanGo to Advisory Information website