Recollection of adventures and discoveries29 September – 14 November 2021
Share with us all your stories of adventure, discovery experienced in Japan's great outdoors, either via Instagram or Facebook! An adventurous, discovering trip in Japan that made a significant impact. A chance encounter with rare wildlife or a special view that made your travel unforgettable. A challenging yet fulfilling journey that made you feel the immense pride in yourself. The best story will win S$1,000 worth of travel vouchers. Post as many as you can to increase your chances at winning! Don't forget to include our campaign hashtag #jbyjadventure and the #prefecture which your shared story features. To join, just read and follow guidelines below.
How to Participate
Share via Instagram
- 1Sign up on JAPAN by Japan as a member. Just proceed to following steps if you are a JAPAN by Japan member.
- 2Upload a photo of your outdoor adventure on your Instagram.
- 3Along with your photo, write a short story of up to 400 characters telling us the highlight(s) of your outdoor trip.
- 4Hashtag the #prefecture where it was taken and include the campaign hashtag - #jbyjadventure
- 5Post and you are done! Good job!
Share via Facebook
- 1Sign up on JAPAN by Japan as a member. Just proceed to following steps if you are a JAPAN by Japan member.
- 2Hit the "Like" button on the announcement post on FB on the campaign "Dare to Explore Japan's Great Outdoors" and the contest.
- 3Upload a photo of your outdoor adventure as a comment in the same Facebook post.
- 4In your same comment post, tell us the highlight(s) of your outdoor trip with up to 400 characters.
- 5Include the hashtags #jbyjadventure and #location (e.g., #Tokyo) where the photo was taken at.
- 6Post and you are done! Good job!
The best share will win amazing prizes!! Post as many as you can to increase your chances at winning!
Share-Your-Story Contest Prize
S$1,000 worth of travel voucher
S$100 Takashimaya voucher each
Hokkaido Souvenir Set
*Contents are subject to change
S$60 voucher each for Authentic Okinawan Dinner NIRAI-KANAI
S$10 Isetan voucher each
Terms and Conditions for Share-Your-Story Contest
Japan National Tourism Organization Singapore Office (hereafter referred to as Organizer) invites you to take part in JAPAN by Japan's "Recollection of adventures and discoveries" (hereafter referred to as "Share-your-story Contest") of the "Dare to Explore Japan's Great Outdoors" Campaign (hereafter referred to as "Campaign")
The Organizer reserves the right to cancel or amend the Campaign (inclusive of Share-your-story Contest) and the terms and conditions of this Campaign ("Terms and Conditions") at any time without prior notice.
Any changes will be posted on the website.
Terms and Conditions
- The Share-your-story Contest is open only to residents of Singapore who are at least 21 years old ("Participant"). Employees and immediate families of the Organizer, its affiliates, subsidiaries, suppliers, and advertising and media agencies associated with this Share-your-story Contest are not eligible to participate.
- Corporations or other entities are not eligible to participate in this Share-your-story Contest. Only individual Participants are eligible to participate.
- The Share-your-story Contest is open to all Participants who are registered members of the JAPAN by Japan website; hence Participants must sign up on the website to join as a JAPAN by Japan member.
- Each Participant can only sign up once for the JAPAN by Japan membership to join the Share-your-story Contest with his/her own email address. Entries from the same Participant using multiple registered email addresses are not permitted. If the Participant is deemed fraudulent, the Organizer reserves the right to remove the Participant from the Share-your-story Contest without any prior notice.
Share-your-story Contest Rules
- The Share-your-story Contest is from 29 September 2021 to 14 November 2021 (hereafter referred to as Share-your-story Contest Period).
- By participating in the Share-your-story Contest, Participants are deemed to have fully read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of the Share-your-story Contest.
- During the Share-your-story Contest Period, Participants must post their original photos and short stories of their outdoor adventure experiences in Japan on their Instagram or Facebook account with the respective photo contest hashtags (see no.3 below). A submitted entry ("Entry") comprises an original photo and short story.
- Each Participant can participate in the Share-your-story Contest by submitting multiple photos with respective short story via their Instagram or Facebook account through the following steps:
- 1. To be eligible for the Share-your-story Contest, the Participant must register as a member of the JAPAN by Japan website – (https://japanbyjapan.com/)
- 2. Once registered, launch personal Instagram or Facebook account.
- I. To share on Instagram, upload a photo of your outdoor adventure, discovery.
- II. To share on Facebook, go to the announcement post on the Campaign and Share-your-story Contest. Hit 'Like' on the announcement post, then upload the photo of your outdoor adventure, discovery in the comments section.
- 3. Along with the uploaded photo via above (I) or (II), write a short story of up to 400 characters explaining the highlight(s) of the outdoor adventure, discovery.
- 4. Together with the uploaded photo and written short story, include the 2 hashtags: #jbyjadventure and #prefecture where the submission features (e.g. where the photo was taken at).
- Any Entry is deemed void if the Organizer determines that an entry is not original, or if an entry is illegible, incomplete, altered, counterfeit, produced in error or obtained through fraud or theft or duplicated even if the Entry was made during the Share-your-story Contest Period. Only photos posted during the Share-your-story Contest Period are eligible to participate in and be considered for the Share-your-story Contest.
- Participants are required to set their Instagram and/or Facebook to 'public' to enable the Organizer to view their submissions.
- Participants can submit multiple entries with the condition that each entry is an original and not a duplicate of a previously submitted entry.
- Please note that it may take time for the photo(s) and short story(ies) to be reflected on the Campaign website.
- All individual Entries must be the Participant's original work and must not have been published elsewhere and/or have won a prize in any other photography competition. The Participant warrants that the photo(s) and short story(ies) submitted for this Share-your-story Contest is(are) his/her own work and that he/she owns the copyright for it(them).
- It is the responsibility of each Participant to ensure that any photo and short story submitted has been taken and written with the permission of any parties involved with the subject.
- Copyright of all photos and short stories submitted in this Share-your-story Contest and Campaign remains with the respective Participant. However, in consideration of the photos and short stories being provided for the Campaign, each Participant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual license to the Organizer to feature any or all the submitted photos and short stories in any of their publications, including the Organizer's websites, and/or in any promotional material connected to this Campaign.
- By joining and participating in the Share-your-story Contest, the Participant agrees to all reasonable media publicity relating to the Campaign and event, including being featured on social media as determined by the Organizer's sole discretion.
- The Organizer does not accept any liability for the publication of any unlawfully reproduced images.
- All results and decisions made by the Organizer in relation to the Share-your-story Contest are final. The Organizer will not enter into any correspondence regarding the results.
- The Organizer reserves the right to pursue legal action against any individual and any Participant believed to have undertaken any fraudulent activities or any other activities harmful to this Share-your-story Contest and/or the Organizer, the entry process or the relevant website.
- Participants acknowledge and accept that there is no intention to create any legal relations between the Organizer and Participants of this Share-your-story Contest, which is a promotional event. Participants who enter this Share-your-story Contest hereby waive any legal rights, if any, to enforce against the Organizer, its agents or employees in relation thereto.
- If for any reason this Share-your-story Contest is not capable of running as planned due to computer viruses, bugs, worms (malware), trojan horses, denial of service attacks, hacking, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Organizer that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Share-your-story Contest, the Organizer reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual and any Participant who tamper with the entry process, and/or cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Share-your-story Contest.
Selection and Judging Criteria
- The Organizer will decide 4 (four) Winners of this Share-your-story Contest. The 4 (four) Winners will be selected from the entries and are as follows:
- 1 (one) Grand Prize Winner, and;
- 3 (three) Runner-up Prize Winners
- The Hokkaido Government Representative Office Registered in Singapore and the Okinawa Prefectural Government Singapore Representative Office will be part of the Judging Panel together with the Organizer to decide the Winners of the Special Hokkaido Prize and Special Okinawa Prize.
- Lucky Draw Winners will be randomly picked from among the entire pool of entries by the Organizer.
- The selection and judging process and panel is solely at the discretion of the Organizer.
- The Winners will be notified via Instagram Direct Message or Facebook Messenger by the Campaign Office on how to claim their prize.
- Winners will received one of the following prizes according to the category each winner has won:
- Grand Prize: S$1,000 travel voucher (1 [one] winner)
- Runner-up Prize: S$100 Takashimaya voucher each (3 [three] winners)
- *Special Hokkaido Prize: Hokkaido Souvenir Set (5 [five] winners)
- Special Okinawa Prize: S$60 voucher valid until 31 March, 2022 each for Authentic Okinawa Dinner NIRAI-KANAI (5 [five] winners)
- Lucky Draw Prize: S$10 Isetan voucher each (5 [five] winners)
- * Kindly note that the contents of the Hokkaido Souvenir Set would be subject to change.
- All Winners must present verifiable identification to redeem his/her prize. The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any winners who fail to comply.
- Winners can only win a prize once (i.e., the Grand Prize Winner will no longer be eligible to win the lucky draw prize).
- All Prizes are non-transferable, non-exchangeable and non-refundable by cash.
Use of Personal Information
- The Organizer is not liable for any claims, losses, damages, injuries, and expenses suffered, sustained or incurred (including, but not limited to, indirect, consequential loss including death), including costs incurred due to unforeseen circumstances as a result of, or arising out of, or in any way connected with this Campaign and Share-your-story Contest.
- The Organizer is not liable for network connection expenses caused by system errors or failures in the campaign website. Participants will shoulder any fees incurred during gameplay (i.e., internet connection).
If you have any enquiries regarding the Campaign and Share-your-story Contest, please contact our Campaign Office via the email address below. The Campaign Office will get back to you as soon as possible.