A Trip to RememberShare your Story and Win Exciting Prizes!
18 January – 28 February 2021
Life is like a movie and what better way to reminisce those precious moments than sharing them through stories! Write a short story about your travel to Japan when you celebrated a happy occasion with your friends or loved ones. It may be an anniversary, a birthday, or any kind of joyous occasion, or even a well-deserved rest. Exciting prizes await the best stories!
How to Join
- 1Log in or sign up on JAPAN by Japan as a member.
- 2Write your short story of up to 400 characters explaining the highlights of the moment – the people you were with, what was the happy occasion and what made the particular episode meaningful to you.
- 3Accompanying photo is optional, but encouraged as photo(s) of your memorable moment in Japan would much likely tell a more complete, lively story.
- 4Click ‘Submit' button to register your entry. Submit multiple entries to increase your chances of winning!
A pair of return air tickets to Japan and JR Kyushu Rail Pass
The best entry will get a pair of return air tickets to Japan and JR Kyushu Rail Pass (passes are sponsored by JR Kyushu). The pair of return tickets are valid for booking until 31 March 2022. Meanwhile, the pair of JR Kyushu Rail Pass are valid for booking until 31 March 2022 and valid for three months after redemption.
$100 Takashimaya Voucher
Three runner-up winners will receive a $100 Takashimaya voucher each.
Lucky Draw Prize
$20 Takashimaya Voucher
Five lucky draw winners will get $20 Takashimaya voucher each.
JAPAN by Japan (JbyJ) Membership Points Incentive
50 points each
50 membership points are automatically awarded to members who join this contest. For more information on JbyJ points, visit https://japanbyjapan.com/point-system.
Check out the short story entries below!
Campaign Terms and Conditions
Japan National Tourism Organization Singapore Office (hereafter referred to as Organizer) invites you to take part in JAPAN by Japan's "A Trip to Remember" (hereafter referred to as Story Contest) of the "Indulge in Japan's Finest, your lavish retreat" campaign (hereafter referred to as Campaign).
The Organizer reserves the right to cancel or amend the entire and/or parts of the Campaign (including the Story Contest which is part of the Campaign) and the terms and conditions of this Campaign ("Terms and Conditions") at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be posted on the website.
Terms and Conditions
- The Story Contest is open only to Participants who are residents of Singapore and at least 21 years old. Employees and immediate families of the Organizer, its affiliates, subsidiaries, suppliers, and advertising and media agencies associated with the "Indulge in Japan's Finest, your lavish retreat" ("Campaign") and its Story Contest are not eligible to participate.
- Corporations or other entities are not eligible to participate in this Story Contest. Only individual Participants are eligible to participate.
- The Story Contest is open to all registered members of the JAPAN by Japan website; hence Participants must sign up on the website to join as a JAPAN by Japan member.
- Each individual Participant can only sign up for the JAPAN by Japan membership to join the Story Contest with his/her email address once (i.e., each Participant can only have one registered email address for the Story Contest). Entries from the same individual Participant using multiple registered email addresses are not allowed. If the Participant is deemed as fraudulent, the Organizer reserves the right to remove the Participant from the Story Contest.
Story Contest Rules
- The Story Contest is from 18 January – 28 February 2021 (hereafter referred to as Entry Period).
- By participating in the Story Contest, Participants are deemed to have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of the Story Contest.
- During the Entry Period, Participants can enter the Story Contest by sharing experience(s) in Japan through Stories on JAPAN by Japan's Campaign form (refer to the steps mentioned immediately below).
- Each Participant can participate in the Story Contest through the following steps:
- 1. To be eligible for the Story Contest, the Participant is required to sign in or sign up as a member of the JAPAN by Japan website - https://japanbyjapan.com/.
- 2. Once logged in to JAPAN by Japan website, go to the Story Contest webpage and click the "Tell us your story!" HTML button. The link will redirect to a form for Entry.
- 3. Fill out the Entry form and write a short Story of up to 400 characters. Photo(s) for each Story is(are) encouraged but not required.
- 4. Click "Submit" at the end of the Entry form once completed. Multiple entries are allowed; however, the Participant will need to fill out a new Entry form for each different Story.
- The Participant is not allowed to submit multiple entries of the same short Story unless it is from a different point of view (i.e., a couple submits the same topic and/or similar content but in each of their own perspectives).
- Submitted Stories are deemed void if the Organizer determines that an Entry (inclusive of both the short Story and accompanying photo(s)) is not original, or if an entry is illegible, incomplete, altered, counterfeit, produced in error or obtained through fraud or theft or duplicated as entered within the Entry Period. Only Stories entered during the Entry Period are eligible to take part in and be considered for the Story Contest.
- All Stories that are deemed void will be deleted without prior notice.
- Please note that there may be a short delay for submitted Stories to be reflected on the Story Gallery webpage.
- All Stories (inclusive of any accompanying photo(s)) submitted must be the original work of the Participant and must not have been published elsewhere including for commercial purposes and/or have won a prize in any other competition. The Participant warrants that the Story(ies) submitted for this Story Contest is(are) his/her own work and that he/she owns the copyright for it(them).
- It is the responsibility of each Participant to ensure that any Story (inclusive of any accompanying photo(s)) submitted has been created and submitted with the permission of any parties involved with the subject.
- Copyright of all Stories (inclusive of any accompanying photo(s)) submitted in this Campaign and Story Contest remains with the respective Participant. However, in consideration of the Stories being provided for the Campaign and Story Contest, each Participant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual license to the Organizer to feature any or all of the submitted Stories in any of their publications, including the Organizer's websites, and/or in any promotional material connected to this Campaign and Story Contest.
- By joining and participating in the Story Contest, the Participant agrees to all reasonable media publicity relating to the event, including being featured on social media as determined by the sole discretion of the Organizer.
- The Organizer does not accept any liability for the publication of any unlawfully reproduced Stories (inclusive of any accompanying photo(s)).
- All results and decisions made by the Organizer in relation to the Campaign and Story Contest are final. The Organizer will not engage in any correspondence regarding the results.
- The Organizer reserves the right to pursue legal action against any individual, and any Participant believed to have undertaken fraudulent activities or other activities harmful to this Campaign and Story Contest and/or the Organizer, the entry process, or the relevant website.
- Participants acknowledge and accept that there is no intention to create any legal relations between the Organizer and Participants of this Campaign and Story Contest, which is a promotional event. Participants who enter the Story Contest hereby waive any legal rights, if any, to enforce against the Organizer, its agents, or employees in relation thereto.
- If for any reason the Campaign and the Story Contest are not capable of running as planned due to computer viruses, bugs, worms (malware), trojan horses, denial of service attacks, hacking, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Organizer that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Campaign and the Story Contest, the Organizer reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual and any Participant who tamper with the entry process, and/or cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Campaign and the Story Contest.
- The Stories (inclusive of any accompanying photo(s)) will be assessed during the selection of the four (4) Winners (i.e., the Grand Prize Winner and three Runner-up Prize Winners) according to the following criteria:
- 1. Story Content – the Organizer will choose which Story best explains what the Participant felt, experienced, and enjoyed during his/her travel in Japan;
- 2. Technicality
- a. How well the Story captures the momentous occasion, happy memory, or rich experience;
- b. How well the Story inspires other people to travel to Japan;
- c. Its relevance to the Campaign's theme – Indulge in Japan's finest, your lavish retreat; and,
- 3. Creativity (overall creativity of the Story).
Selection of Winners
- One (1) Grand Prize Winner will be selected by the Organizer as the best short story.
- Three (3) Runner-up Prize Winners in no particular order will be selected by the Organizer.
- Five (5) Lucky Draw Winners will be randomly selected from among the entire pool of entries by the Organizer.
- Participants can only win a prize once (e.g., a Runner-up Prize Winner is no longer eligible to win in the lucky draw).
- The selection and judging process and panel is solely at the discretion of the Organizer.
- The Campaign Office will notify all Winners via their registered email in JAPAN by Japan.
- One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive a pair of return air tickets to Japan and a pair of JR Kyushu Rail Pass. The air carrier will be determined by the Organizer. The booking period for flights and JR Kyushu Rail Pass is until 31 March 2022. The JR Kyushu Rail Pass is valid for three months after redemption.
- Three (3) Runner-up Prize Winners will receive a $100 Takashimaya voucher each.
- Five (5) Lucky Draw Winners will receive a $20 Takashimaya voucher each.
- All Participants automatically get an incentive of 50 membership points upon joining the Story Contest.
- All Winners must present verifiable identification to redeem his/her Prize. The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify the winners who fail to comply.
- All Prizes are non-transferable, non-exchangeable, and non-refundable by cash.
Use of Personal Information
- The Organizer is not liable for any claims, losses, damages, injuries, and expenses suffered, sustained or incurred (including, but not limited to, indirect, consequential loss including death), including costs incurred due to unforeseen circumstances as a result of, or arising out of, or in any way connected with this Campaign and the Story Contest.
- The Organizer is not liable for network connection expenses caused by system errors or failures on the campaign website. Participants will shoulder any fees incurred during gameplay (i.e., internet connection).
If you have any enquiries regarding the Campaign and Story Contest, please contact our Campaign Office via the email address below. The Campaign Office will get back to you as soon as possible.